Cinnamon Pecan, Apple & Oatmeal Crumble
November 01, 2022
Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and FOOD.
But what if you're looking for options to keep your carb and sugar intake low?
We're here to share recipes that are low-sugar and low-carb so you can still enjoy all the yummy flavors of Thanksgiving without having to worry about whether or not you have too much sugar in your system. Our Cinnamon Pecan, Apple & Oatmeal Crumble is the perfect example. It's sweetened only with apple, and GOODTOGO bars, so it's lower in sugar than most traditional desserts. So go ahead: make your Thanksgiving even sweeter with our Cinnamon Pecan Apple & Oatmeal Crumble - it tastes just like pie but without all the sugar and carbs!
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, chopped small
Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- 4 GOODTOGO Bars and 1 cup of oatmeal
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans optional for serving
- Heat oven to 325°. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Peel each apple and thinly slice OR chop it into small chunks. Place apples into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and chopped butter to the apples and stir until all the apples are coated in the cinnamon. Dump the apples into the prepared pan and spread them out evenly.
- In the same bowl, combine the GOODTOGO bars, oatmeal, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Stir together until thick crumbles form. Sprinkle it over the apples in the baking dish.* DO NOT prepare the cookie mix according to package directions before adding it to the bowl. Just dump the dry contents from the pouch.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until apples are at the desired cook, the topping is a light golden brown, and the edges are bubbly.
- Let the apple crumble sit and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving it with vanilla ice cream and topped with more GOODTOGO!
Share this article: